Thursday 13 January 2011

Just had a Fight!

Can you believe it a woman of my age brawling on the kitchen floor.  I feel quite ashamed and to add insult to injury I lost!  Well I lost the first round at least, but I'm prepared to have another bash. 

My adversary, I hear you wonder?  A 'pop-up' light box akin to a modern day pop up laundry basket! These things make deck chair erection look like child's play.  I have twisted it every which way possible, I have sworn at it, sat on it and all but throttled it and still I can not get it nearly small enough to go in the postage-stamp-sized-bag from which is sprang!

The worst of all this is, that I knew what was coming.  My other half bought our little boy a 'pop up' tent during the summer holidays, what fun!  I had a fight with that too. I grappled and wrestled and failed miserably to put it away successfully.  It now resides behind an old cupboard in the garage which at least keeps it in check.  The minute it is liberated, it magically springs up crushing mere mortals between itself and the garage wall!

All is not lost however, this 'pop-up' conundrum, may well yet become my best friend.  It will hopefully enable me to take a decent photograph, in our grey and bleak mid-winter.  It arrived packaged beautifully accompanied by two huge lamps, these sport bulbs the size of ostrich eggs and, I'm assured, give of real daylight!  I can only hope they live up to the massive expectation I have of them.  I keep thinking that I will magically turn into some David Bailey style photographer overnight, when in reality all I ever do is point and press!

On this note I think I will call a truce, the gap behind the wardrobe is sufficiently wide enough for the said light box to reside, and to be honest I really don't have the energy for another tussle!

No comments:

Post a Comment